Step 1: Review the campus calendar
Check the campus calendar for major campus events that might conflict with your planning.
Step 2: Request a room
Planning an event in a special event space or do you require setup or campus services for your meeting?
- Request at least one month in advance to reserve and for setup and other campus services. Large events are subject to approval, which can take up to two months to consider.
- Special event spaces include: the Centrum, the Maize, Morrie Jones Conference Center, Birkeland Alumni Lounge, Frida Nilsen Lounge, Memorial Auditorium, Olson Forum, Frances Frazier Comstock Theatre or the Lab Theatre.
- After you have received a confirmation email that your request was approved, proceed to Step 3.
Planning a meeting in a classroom, lounge or non-special event space and do not require any setup or campus services?
- Request at least two business days in advance.
- Wait to receive a confirmation email that your request was received and processed.
- After you have received a confirmation email, your reservation is complete.
Step 3: Complete an Event Planning Form
The Event Planning Form is required in all special event spaces and for all events needing setup or services.
It is required three weeks in advance of your scheduled event. Please fill out the form thoroughly, including details of the event, a faculty/staff contact person and the charge account number for billing purposes. Also required is the Page 2 checklist, completed with all services and/or equipment you are requesting.
Please don’t hesitate to contact Room Reservations if you have any questions or need assistance with the Event Planning Form.
Step 4: Review the confirmation copy
You will receive an email confirmation containing a copy of your completed and accepted Event Planning Form. This copy confirms the event and requested setup/services. Review and record your confirmation. Keep copies of your forms and requests. This will provide for an easier and faster process in the future with similar requests.
If changes are necessary or the event is canceled, please email email@example.com.