Sept. 6: COVID Weekly Message
Greetings Concordia Students, Faculty, and Staff,
To keep you informed of COVID news on campus, we will be sending weekly emails on Mondays. These messages will address common questions as well as give any necessary updates on the college’s actions to help mitigate the spread on campus. Additional emails will be sent if needed.
- Currently, there are three active student cases. There is one active employee case. This information will be updated weekly here
- Our vaccination rate is 80% for students and 91% for employees
- Our risk level remains GREEN, or low. You can read more about risk levels here
To ensure timely answers and best use of resources, please make sure you use the correct source to report your information and ask questions.
Students should call the Helpline at 701.730.8304 strictly for the following reasons:
- To report possible symptoms of COVID
- To report a positive COVID test
- To report being a close contact
- To get help accessing the COVID vaccine
- If you are in quarantine and need assistance
The Helpline phone is staffed from 8 am – 8 pm, 7 days a week.
The Helpline can also be reached at COVID19Helpline@cord.edu. Email is a great way to ask non-urgent questions, as well as provide updates about vaccination status.
Employees should contact Human Resources at 218.299.3339 if you have symptoms, you are a close contact, someone in your household has symptoms and is getting tested, or you have tested positive.
Exposure and Contact Tracing:
- Students who are a close contact will receive communication from the COVID Student Helpline with instructions on how to respond and, if necessary, manage their quarantine period. More details can be found here. Employees who are a close contact will receive communication from Human Resources.
- For classes: if students are not aware of their close contacts, a broad notification will go to all members of the course with instructions about necessary actions. While not required, assigned seating can simplify contact tracing if students know who they are seated next to or have close contact with. A seating chart or regular pods may help the contact tracing process.
We have compiled resources for COVID mitigation, such as masking, vaccination, quarantine and isolation, gatherings, and travel on the COVID banner of our website. If you have additional questions, you can reach out to the COVID Response Group by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
COVID Response Group