The Concordia STEM Cohort is open to students of color, new Americans, and other underrepresented students interested in studying either STEM or pre-health fields rooted in the natural sciences.
- Receive a $6,500 annual scholarship (maximum eight semesters).
- Guaranteed access to one paid internship over the course of your undergraduate study.
- Guaranteed access to one paid summer research experience over the course of your undergraduate study.
- Regular professional support and mentoring within the program.
- Members of a cohort form a community of students of similar interests and experiences.
How to Apply
- Students must be admitted to Concordia College before applying to the STEM Cohort. If you have not yet applied to Concordia College, apply now.
- Complete a FAFSA and exhibit financial need.
- Submit your STEM Discovery Scholarship application.
Admission staff and the faculty director of the program will review your application materials and invite a limited number of students to participate in on-campus interviews. Zoom interviews can also be considered if necessary.
Scholarship finalists will be invited to campus March 14-16 for personal interviews. Scholarship recipients will be notified on or before March 28, 2022.
Please contact Dr. Mark Jensen, chair/professor of chemistry, for more information regarding the program and the application process.