Faculty and students working together on research is one of Concordia’s hallmarks, and the chemistry department backs up these opportunities 100 percent.
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates – students are accepted to major universities across the country.
- Summer Research Program – patterned after the esteemed REU program, students do hands-on research with faculty, can participate in presentations and discussions and even have a bit of fun at social events with other students.
- Authoring Pages – Students regularly appear as co-authors with faculty on papers in prestigious peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Learn more about research in Concordia's chemistry department.
Students earn academic credit for doing internships at medical facilities, laboratories and businesses. The American Chemical Society selected Concordia’s program a national model for combining learning and work experience.
Several other programs set Concordia’s chemistry department apart from the rest.
- Concordia College Laser Facility, funded by an NSF CAREER grant rarely awarded to undergraduate four-year institutions
- Interdisciplinary neuroscience program
- Annual Richard G. Werth Lecture in Chemistry brings in renowned chemistry professors as lecture guests
- Concordia Science Academy – A Science outreach organization, run by faculty and students of all the sciences and dedicated to exciting and entertaining children from elementary schools to teens in the local community with science
Concordia Analytical Instrument Laboratory
The Concordia Chemistry department houses a selection of state-of-the-art analytical instrumentation. These instruments are incorporated into a number of laboratory courses as well as seeing extensive use in faculty research programsLearn More