- An earned bachelor's degree from an accredited institution with a major in one of the following areas:
Mathematics // Physics // Chemistry // Biology // Spanish // French // German
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.75 or greater and major GPA of 2.75 or greater.
- Passing scores on appropriate MTLE content-area exams.
- Demonstrated written and oral communication skills based on an original essay and personal interview.
- Program admission will be offered to any applicant who meets the criteria outlined on this page. Applications are due by July 31, 2017, for fall admission or Dec. 15, 2017, for spring 2018 admission.
- Applications will include a statement of the type of license being sought, all undergraduate and postgraduate transcripts, and written response essay.
- The education department will review transcripts to determine whether or not the applicant's earned degree matches the scope of Concordia's major requirements for licensure.
- A plan of study will be created based on our current agreement with the Board of Teaching. This plan may include coursework to satisfy our program requirements in the content area plus the coursework required for the education major. A letter of admission will be sent that includes the program of study to any student meeting the requirements for admission. Enrollment is open until the first day of class.
- Students may be admitted conditionally if they have not passed all MTLE or other relevant standardized test scores.