- Have an English GPA of 3.7 or higher. Final eligibility for honors status will be based on your grades at graduation.
- Complete ENG 488: Literature Capstone or ENG 489: Writing Capstone during the spring of your senior year. Literature and writing majors must take their respective capstone course. English education majors may choose between the two.
- Engage in publication, presentation or leadership appropriate to a student’s English major track. This includes:
- Publication of a literary essay or creative work in an appropriate journal
- Public presentation of a paper or project
- Public reading of creative work
- Leadership in editing of AfterWork or New Voices
Students should apply for honors status by the middle of January of their senior year. You must demonstrate how each of the criteria are in progress and will be completed by graduation.
Application forms are available in the English department office – Academy 312.