Concordia’s interdisciplinary global studies program offers eight concentrations within the major:
- Development Studies - Gain expertise in the social, political and economic aspects of poverty, inequality and the effort to promote socioeconomic development.
- Global Environmental Studies - Engage with the ecological and environmental issues facing humanity and explore solutions from a global perspective.
- Global Systems and Processes - Explore how contemporary institutions and practices shape the interactions of the peoples and states of the world. See how these arrangements have evolved and think about the implications of current trends and developments for the future.
- Worlds in Dialogue - Explore the interaction between the geographical, cultural and philosophical worlds, and propose solutions for the global issues that arise when these worlds conflict.
Focus on a specific geographical and cultural region of the world and its unique history, institutions, language, assumptions and practices.
- Asian Studies
- European Studies
- Latin American Studies
- New Pathways
The global studies program now offers two minors:
- Cross-Cultural Interaction
- International Affairs
Our aim is to prepare you to thrive by analyzing problems from different perspectives and understanding the global forces that affect nearly everyone.Learn More
Read about graduation requirements and course descriptions.Learn More