Nursing at Concordia is built on a foundation of:
- Small class cohorts
- Professors who have their doctorates plus extensive nursing experience
- National accreditation with approval from Minnesota and North Dakota Boards of Nursing
- Labs with simulation manikins
- An emphasis on global health and cultural competence
- Clinicals and internships at healthcare facilities in and around Fargo-Moorhead – many of them less than 10 minutes away from campus
- Encouragement to discover your vocation
When you’ve completed our program, you’ll be able to take the Nursing Candidate Licensure Examination (NCLEX) to become a licensed registered nurse (R.N.).
- Apply concepts from the arts, humanities, and sciences to professional nursing practice.
- Communicate clearly and effectively.
- Apply critical thinking skills in deliberative decision-making.
- Provide nursing care in accordance with Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice (ANA, 2004/2010) & Nursing’s Social Policy Statement: The Essence of the Profession (ANA, 2010).
- Provide nursing care in accordance with the Code of Ethics for Nurses with interpretative Statements(ANA, 2015)
The baccalaureate nursing program at Concordia College is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education, One Dupont Circle, NW, Suite 530, Washington, DC 20036, 202.887.6791.Learn More
The baccalaureate degree in nursing at Concordia College is approved by both the MN Board of Nursing and ND Board of Nursing.