Accelerated courses like Dr. Kirsten Theye's Event Planning, are uniquely immersive experiences built around both classroom and online components.
Some classes, like Dr. Leila Zakhirova's course "Creating a Clean Energy Future for Fargo" are only available in the summer.
Past summer school participants have a lot to say about the benefits of choosing summer school. We've collected just a few of their impressions.
Why Summer School?
- You have more time and options to add a second major, minor, or concentration.
- Complete a prerequisite so you have more course options during the school year.
- Summer school offers unique courses and you'll be able to give your full attention to whatever course you take.
- Online courses are attractive to future employers.
Student Government Association again solicited course ideas to offer during Summer 2017. This year's Student Choice selections are:
- Beginning Arabic I & II — Professor Abeer Megahed
- Death and Dying — Professor Michelle Lelwica
Additionally, two of last year's selections will also be offered during Summer 2017:
- Psychology of Sexuality — Dr. Philip Lemaster
- Psychology and the Neuroscience of Sleep — Dr. Mikel Olson
Fulfill Core Requirements
A number of summer school classes can be taken to fulfill core requirements. Here are directions for how to find out which classes fulfill core requirements.
Stay for Free
Students enrolled in Summer School 2017 and currently living in Hallett, Erickson, Hoyum, Brown and Livedalen may remain in their current Spring housing assignment through May 22 at no extra charge.
Students in Park Region will be able to stay through May 15.
Townhouse residents are not eligible for these arrangements.
Students desiring on-campus lodging for the remainder of the summer school term, will move to the Bogstad Apartments. Summer housing rates can be found on the Residence Life page.
Summer housing applications will be available March 1 — the deadline to submit is April 15.
Students registering for accelerated courses should check the course description for special information regarding start and finish dates.