When to Apply
Students can apply after they have received their award notice from Concordia College.
- CobberNet username and password
- Student FSA ID and username: This is the same ID used to sign the FAFSA. If you forget your FSA username and password, visit https://fsaid.ed.gov to edit.
- Current address and phone number
- Social Security number
- Driver's license number
- Name, address and telephone number of two personal references who have known you for at least three years and who reside at different addresses
- Be sure to use full legal name and select Concordia College-Moorhead when prompted to provide school name.
1. Complete FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
2. Receive student’s award notice from Concordia College indicating Direct Loan Eligibility
3. Student Logs on to CobberNet
4. Click on the Banner icon at the top of the page
5. Select Financial Aid tab
6. Select Award
7. Select Award for Aid Year (2018-19 aid year)
8. Select Terms and Conditions tab and View and Accept the Terms and Conditions to continue and view award (first time only).
9. Select Award Offer tab
-To accept the entire amount of all loans offered, select Accept Full Amount of All Awards.
-To accept or decline each individual loan offered, select Accept or Decline from the drop down menu (located next to each individual loan).
-To accept a reduced (partial) loan amount, select Accept (from the drop down menu) and enter the amount you would like to accept in the Accept Partial Amount box.
10. After the student accepts their Loan Award Offer they must go to studentloans.gov to complete the Master Promissory Note and Entrance Counseling online. (It is very important that the student complete these tasks, otherwise they will not receive their loan funds.)
11. The college will receive this information electronically. Once the loan is processed, you will receive a disclosure statement that gives you specific information regarding the loan amount, fees and the expected disbursement dates and amounts.