Back by popular demand, the third annual networking luncheon brings students and alumni together around the topic of career. Students regularly comment about the benefit of opportunities to speak with someone who has been in their situation.
Students: Here's your chance!
Alumni: Whether you're just starting your career or are a topical expert, you’ve crossed from student to alumni life and your successes and failures are great learning opportunities for current Cobbers.
Join us to enhance the variety of disciplines and interests at this event!
Noon-1:30 p.m. Saturday, Jan. 28, 2017
Barry Auditorium, Grant Center (Offutt School of Business)
Lunch provided. $5/person (essential to offsetting room rental and dining fees).
Students: Register by Friday, Jan. 20 to receive free business cards.
Please register at your earliest convenience. Registration allows us to plan the most effective event possible. We use the information to select career topic areas and identify relevant alumni presenters.
Office of Alumni Relations, Career Center, Anderson Office of Career Success, Offutt School of Business
- What is the purpose of this event? — To build relationships between alumni and students around the focal point of career, knowing that such connections make a positive difference in a student’s progression through college and into the workforce
- What should I wear? — You can dress business casual: dress pants and a button up, khakis and a nice shirt, skirt and blouse, etc.
- Will we talk one-on-one (student-to-alumnus/a) or in groups? — We’ll have designated areas: Fine Arts and Humanities, Preprofessional Programs and Communication Studies, Math and Science, Business. Alumni will be assigned to an area according to their college majors and current occupations. Students will view alumni profiles before entering the room to get an idea of who they want to talk to. They'll go to the relevant quadrant of the room to meet alumni with similar backgrounds. The flow of the event will be fairly organic. You might talk with one person for a little bit, then another, move around the room, get into a conversation with a group of students and alumni, etc.
- How many people are attending? — We’re aiming for at least 65 alumni and 120 students.
- Do I need to bring anything? — $5 if you are a walk-in/late registrant (all); stack of business cards (alumni)
- Where's Barry Auditorium and where should I park? ––Barry Auditorium is on the northeast side of the Grant Center, which is also known as the Offutt School of Business or East Complex. The Grant Center is connected to Hallett Residence Hall (north) and Erickson Hall (south). You can park wherever you would like on campus without being ticketed. The closest lots are directly east of the Grant Center, by the Concordia Townhouses, or across 8th St. to the west, just south of Olson Forum.