Dr. Jane Indergaard is an associate professor of nursing at Concordia College, in Moorhead, MN
Dr. Indergaard is a long-standing provider of education, advocacy
Dr. Indergaard has presented and provided training at the International Conference on ADHD, the Southeast Regional (University of Alabama) and ADDA Houston ADHD conferences, and the Annual International Conference for the Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA). Her most recent work, The Impact of ADHD on Non-affected Siblings, garnered attention. Following a presentation at the January LDA International Conference in New Orleans, she was invited to present at several conferences and speaker series across the country and most recently asked to join thirty-four leading experts in ADHD for the 7th Annual ADHD Parent’s Palooza to be aired online July 28-30, 2022. She will be presenting at the 3rd Southern African Multidisciplinary ADHD Congress in September of 2022.
Emergency Trauma Nurse Specialist (E-TNS), Maricopa County Trauma Certification Program
Certified teacher and Parent Training Instructor for Attention-Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
DNP, Capella University, Minneapolis
Concentration: Transformational Leadership Clinical Practice
DNP Clinical Project: Implementation of Family Psychoeducation as an intervention in the treatment of ADHD
MS, Nursing, University of North Dakota
Thesis: Nurses’ and Patients’ Perceptions of Meeting Psychosocial Needs in the Intensive Care Unit
BS, Nursing, University of North Dakota
Trauma and Emergency Critical Care Nursing, Behavioral Health, ADHD and Psychoeducational Program development, and training.
Recent Professional Podium and Panel Presentations
- Indergaard, J., Didier, J. (2022). Siblings, Self-Care and ADHD. It's a Family Thing. Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) 59th Annual International Conference. January 28, 2022. New Orleans, LA.
- Indergaard, J., Didier, J. (2021). Underdiagnosis and Treatment of Girls and Women with ADHD – A National Challenge. Learning Disabilities Association of America (LDA) 58th Annual International Conference. Virtual: February 20, 2021
- Indergaard, J., Hughes, R., Indergaard, M., Duyrea, K., Duyrea, C. (2019). Expert Panel- The Underdiagnosis of ADHD in Girls and Women. 2019 Annual International Conference On ADHD, Nov. 9, 2019, Philadelphia, PA.
- Indergaard, J., Didier, J. (2022). Siblings. Invited to present at Online Expert Speakers Conference for the ADHD Parents' Palooza. Taped interview for showing on July 28-30. International distribution.
- Didier, J., Indergaard, J. (2022). Strategies to Address the Under-diagnosis of ADHD in Women and Girls. Alabama Parent Education Center (APEC) Virtual Conference: Raising the Standards. May 18, 2022. Live Virtual – Professional Invitation to present
- Indergaard, J., Didier, J. (2022). Siblings, Self-Care
andADHD: It's a Family thing. LDA Illinois Janet Lerner Memorial Parent Speaker Series, May 16, 2022. LDA Illinois. Live Virtual – Professional Invitation to present
- Indergaard, J., Didier, J. (2022). Siblings, Self-Care and ADHD. It's a Family Thing. ADHDKC: Parent Talk. Live Virtual: April 12, 2022 – Professional Invitation to present
- Indergaard, J. (2021). The Underdiagnosis of ADHD in Women and Girls: Awareness and Action. Virtual Presentation- Concordia Graduate and Continuing Studies: Fall 2020 Mental Health Conference. October 22, 2021.
- Hughes, R., Duryea, K., Indergaard, J., Soileau, T., Soileau, L., Duyrea, C., Rutkiewicz, M. (2020). Opening Keynote Address: Panel Member: Strategies to Address the Underdiagnosis of ADHD In Women and Girls. 12th Annual Southeast Regional ADHD Conference, January 23, 2020, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL.
Professional Activities and Service:
Coordinator, Red River Valley Satellite of CHADD (2009-present)
(Children and Adults with Attention Deficit Disorder). Responsible for coordinating all aspects of the satellite (local affiliate) to include development, instruction, and facilitation for Educational Support Classes; Discussion Support Groups for Families/Caregivers, Adults with ADHD, Fathers of Children with ADHD, and College Students with ADHD; Public Workshops and Seminars; Private In-Service Classes, Primary and Secondary Educational Consultation. Responsible for development, marketing, notification, programming, communication, outreach, advocacy, and teaching. Development of instructional materials and presentations on a variety of aspects of the science, treatment, and management of the challenges of ADHD. Education, Networking, Outreach, and Marketing to target groups – Providers, Educators, Educational Administrators, Adults with ADHD, Caregivers of Children with ADHD.