As described in Chapter 4 of the Faculty Handbook, individual faculty development funds (professional growth allowance) for the next academic year are available on May 1. Faculty with an FTE of less than 1.0 but more than .50 will receive a prorated amount, based on the FTE. Adjunct employees are not eligible for funds.
Funds will be evenly divided between travel and non-travel expenses. Funds in the travel portion may only be used for travel expenses. Travel expenses include transportation, lodging, meals and conference registration fees. Non-travel funds may be used for travel, as well as other expenses directly related to teaching, scholarship, or other professional development needs. Please contact Shanda Schmidt in Academic Affairs for further information on approved expenses. As described in Chapter 4 of the Faculty Handbook, individual faculty development funds (professional growth allowance) for the next academic year are available on May 1. Faculty with an FTE of less than 1.0 but more than .50 will receive a prorated amount, based on the FTE. Adjunct employees are not eligible for funds.
There is a two-year maximum accrual of $2,000. If the maximum is reached, no additional funds beyond the maximum are added to the account. The two-year accrual is based on the college’s fiscal year which runs from May 1 – April 30. Faculty not returning to Concordia will have until the end of their last semester to use any funds remaining in their account.
- Estimated charges will not be reimbursed until the actual expense has been paid.
- Prior approval from the associate dean of the college is required for the purchase of any electronic devices.
- Reimbursements must be requested within 30 days of the date the expense is incurred.
- Original, itemized receipts for all purchases are required.
- P-cards may be used for purchases. When reconciling your P-card, leave the FOAP (account) information blank and in the description put “faculty development funds – see Shanda” along with a description of the expense. If the expense exceeds the balance of your faculty development account, the difference will be charged to your department account and you will have to repay the college.
- If attending a conference or other event, include the name, location and dates of the event.
Payments for services rendered to an individual or to a company that is not incorporated (including faculty, staff and students) need to be paid directly from the Business Office. This is for tax purposes—any reimbursement to you for a payment you make to an individual or to a company that is not incorporated is taxable to you, not the person you are paying. Since some of these services may result in a transaction being processed through Payroll instead of Accounts Payable, please contact the Office of Human Resources before engaging individuals. Please review the Finance and Accounting Policies and Procedures.
To find out the current balance of your individual faculty development account you may contact Shanda Schmidt at email@example.com or ext. 4344. Balances are not available online.
The form to request funds from the individual faculty development account can be found at: https://concordiacollege.edu/files/resources/reimbursementform.pdf