Building Executive Presence: On and Off-line
Instructed by Viveka von Rosen, the highly acclaimed LinkedIn expert and Forbes Top 20 digital selling strategist, and bestselling author; in conjunction with Dr. Stephanie Ahlfeldt, Dean and Communication professor, Concordia College. This two-day hands-on course will demystify the meaning of "executive presence" with measurable tools. Instructors demonstrate how to build a powerful and measurable executive presence both on and off-line and coach you through the process of creating strong personal brand visibility with a more collaborative, engaged, network.
Day One will focus on the scientific elements of executive presence to inspire followers, and build your on- and off-line executive brand to maximize influence through your professional network.
Day Two will focus on coaching to help you build, perfect, and present your executive presence on and off-line in real-time using your data.Dates + Registration
Who Should Attend?
Mid-level managers to executives seeking to enhance their public persona, and build a broader, collaborative professional network - both on and offline
- measurable and visible executive presence, personal brand identity, and professional business network, to positively coincide with company mission, using on-line and off-line marketing tools
- an effective, collaborative business network to pursue professional outcomes
- a purposeful executive profile on LinkedIn with CHECKLIST for personal professional branding – and what to avoid!
- the brand called YOU with personal brand marketing strategy to enhance visibility
Click a heading to view the information
|DAY 1: 8:15 a.m.-5p.m.|
|8:10-8:30 a.m.||Breakfast and Registration (Provided)
The morning will be spent defining and refining Executive Presence:
1. Define Executive Presence in measurable terms using the Bates Exi Model
2. Articulate self-perception vs. other's perceptions of you based on pre-course survey among 10 colleagues, friends, family.
3. Define your desired purpose and refine your positioning statement using the LinkedIn questionnaire provided in pre-course work.
4. Through the remainder of the course build an action plan to transform into your desired self-perception, radiate your desired presence and personal brand, live your purpose, and become a "linchpin".
|8:30-9:15 a.m.||Introductions - Reveal "Who You Are" vs. "Your Desired Self" through now and after illustrations of your persona based on your preparation coursework: 10 person survey. google search, and purpose/positioning statement.|
|9:15-10:30 a.m.||Define and Discuss Executive Presence using the Bates Exi Model - reflections on your personal positioning statement and purpose using elements of character, substance and style in Bates Model.
Physical and Vocal Presence
Evaluation of our presence begins immediately following an interaction. This session will help you determine the layers of physical and vocal presence in your interactions, and what you should change to achieve who you want to be
|10:45-11:30 a.m.||Limitations and Bias in Everyday Interactions
As members of a complex society, we exist in systems that subtly limit our presence and those that stereotype us. In this session, we will explore the subtle ways presence is gained or compromised in interactions with others and also the stereotypes that influence our presence.
|11:30-11:45 a.m.||How to market your persona in everyday life using everyday tools. Build your personal persona marketing plan. View examples of great personal brands. Handouts provided as "guides".|
|1145 a.m. - Noon||Homework Assignment:
Who you are vs. Who you want to be
Align desired perception & purpose based on course insights: Refine your positioning statement and marketing plan for presentation tomorrow.
|Noon - 1:00 p.m.||Lunch|
|1:00-1:45 p.m.||Building your Online Persona on Linked-In
Review LinkedIn Questionnaire
Review LinkedIn Success Checklist, what to include and what to avoid
|1:45-2:45 p.m.||Building a Purposeful Collaborative Network: Exercises
Establish goals and master the tools. Demonstrate and implement:
- LinkedIn Search
- Boolean Search
- Saved Searches
- Company Search
- Alumni Search
- "Saved Search Hack"
|3:00-4:00 p.m.||Building Your Brand Through Engagement & Content
- Sharing images, rich media and links
- Keyword Search: 10 ideas to find the right keywords to enhance visibility -Try it!
- Image Attachment
- Media Links, Attachments, publishing, content finders: Try it!
|4:00-4:30 p.m.||Questions and Continued trial exercises|
|4:30-4:45 p.m.||Homework Assignment
Perfect your LinkedIn profile and prepare an outline of a well-rounded personal marketing strategy to build your executive presence. Use the Checklist and tools provided in class. Prepare a 5 minute presentation demonstrating your outline and your LinkedIn Profile. Check your SSI --- has it improved?
|4:45 p.m.||Team Photo and Cocktail Networking Event|
|DAY 2: 8:15 a.m.-5 p.m.|
|8:15-8:30 a.m.||Arrival and Breakfast (provided)|
|8:30-9:30 a.m.||Review Homework Assignments
Instructors address questions from homework assignment to ensure clear understanding on "how to's."
|9:30-10:30 a.m.||Instructors work with you to perfect your branding strategy|
|10:30-10:45 a.m.||Break (provided)|
|10:45-Noon||Continue Coaching and line-up presentations|
|1 p.m.||Individual Presentations
Instructors and course participants listen to individuals give their 5 minute presentations and work as a positive, collaborative team to provide feedback to polish you personal brand marketing plan, LinkedIn page, and personal presence.
|4:30 p.m.||Wrap Up
Leave the workshop with your brand page, plan, worksheet comparison, and improved SSI Score. Discuss next steps and what you will do to keep your brand fresh.
Should you need further assistance, we will offer coaching to perfect your identity on-line and review off-line strategy and materials with various options.
101 ways to Rock Your Personal Brand, Grow Your Network and Build Your Business, Viveka von Rosen and Dayna Steele (2016)
All the Leader You Can Be: The Science of Achieving Extraordinary Executive Presence, Suzanne Bates
LinkedIn for Personal Branding: The Ultimate Guide, Sandra Long
Upon registration and two weeks prior to the class you will be asked to submit to instructors (no later than one week prior to the course) this Personal Branding Pre-work to email@example.com:
- SSI score: Get Your Score
- Deliver a provided short survey to a combination of 10 people to include: colleagues, supervisor(s), friends, and family that describe you as a person from a list of "values words" and as a bird or animal.. Survey provided upon registration. Draw your persona based on results and present on Day 1 class.
- Google yourself and document what you see
- Complete a short LinkedIn Executive Profile Questionnaire (provided upon registration) that will include a personal brand statement and "picture" of your persona both now and in future that you and instructors will use to build your presence.
- Conduct an Audit of your Media. This would include any media you have created (articles, blogs, papers) or media you have been included in.
Viveka von Rosen - Co-founder & Chief Visibility Officer, Vengreso Inc.
Viveka is a highly acclaimed LinkedIn Expert, the author of 101 Ways to Rock Your Personal Brand, International Keynote Speaker, and listed several times as Forbes Top 20 Most Influential Digital Sales & Personal Branding Experts.
Susan Geib - Director Executive Education and professor of global marketing, Concordia College
Susan’s 30 years of diverse experience in spearheading global brand development in both the consumer marketing and IT world, as well as co-founding and directing her own companies to expand trade and global brand development, enabling her to build brand identity with a global perspective.
Dr. Stephanie Ahlfeldt - Associate Dean of Concordia College & Professor of Communication.
Dr. Ahlfeldt comes well-equipped to advise and coach Executive Presence with a Ph.D. in Communication and 16 years of teaching experience. Specialties include courses in business and professional communication, interpersonal communication, relational communication in the workplace, interviewing, and computer-mediated communication. Prior to joining Concordia and adding to her executive presence capacity, Dr. Ahlfeldt was crowned Miss North Dakota.
Viveka made an in depth and intricate process fun and enjoyable. She is clearly a cutting-edge expert in an increasingly valuable marketing tool. Her abillities are beyond just the tactical aspects, however. She has a keen eye for helping you build a brand strategy that will make a lasting impact on your business.
- David Bishop, Executive Coach, Former CEO of MGM