The program fee, which includes texts, study materials and some meals, is $450. Housing is not available on site but there are hotels in the area. Churches are encouraged to sponsor nurses and provide the program fee.
Sample course topics include:
- Health, healing and wholeness from a Biblical perspective
- Communication and collaboration on a ministerial team
- Prayer: A Therapeutic Role for the Faith Community Nurse
- Caring for those Experiencing Grief & Loss, Family Violence, and Behavioral Health Issues
- Documenting and Evaluating the Practice of Faith Community Nursing
Past program participant comments:
"Incredible program. It went way above my expectations."
"This week was life changing."
"Overwhelming presentations...very helpful for the ministry to move forward."
"Powerful. Meaningful. Thank you for your tending and authenticity. Deeply moving."
"Good way to network with experienced parish nurses. Nice to hear about what works and what doesn't!"
"The course content is daunting but you all have reaffirmed that I can be a messenger of God...I thank you."