Preparing for Commencement
- Complete and submit the application for graduation to the Registrar’s Office by September 22, 2017 for December 2017 graduation; by November 3, 2017 for May/August 2018 graduation; by March 9, 2018 for December 2018 graduation.
- Declare your major(s) or minor(s) at the Registrar’s Office.
- Check your Concordia e-mail for important graduation information and announcements.
- Purchase your required graduation cap and gown at the Cobber Bookstore during the designated times.
- Provide the Registrar’s Office with contact information if you will be off campus for the semester prior to your graduation.
Honors listed in the Commencement program are based on grades up to, but not including, the current semester. The final honors status is determined after all grades are known.
|Magna Cum Laude||3.7|
|Summa Cum Laude||3.9|
Bachelor’s degree candidates wear the tassel of the cap in front and to the right. A holder of an academic degree wears the tassel in front and to the left. Please make this change AFTER the ceremony only.
According to traditional academic protocol, women do not remove their caps at any time during an academic exercise. Men remove their caps while sitting and replace them upon standing. If prayer is being offered or scripture is being read while standing, men remove their caps during such periods. Although the above is the traditional rule, women should feel free to remove their caps at such times as men do.
- Please only wear dark-colored shoes.
- Please do not wear corsages or boutonnieres.