Piano Competition Prizes
- 1st Prize - $1000 Cash Award
- 2nd Prize - $500 Award
- 3rd Prize - $200 Gift Card to Schmitt Music
- The Concordia College Piano Competition also serves as a Piano Scholarship Audition. Any prize recipient who wishes to pursue a degree of Bachelor of Music in Piano Performance at Concordia College will be awarded one of the following prestigious scholarships at the discretion of the competition jury.
- $100,000 Christiansen Award
- All Scholarships are contingent upon admission to Concordia College and are totaled over four years.
Competition Rules & Repertoire Requirements
- Open to high school juniors and seniors
- Self-chosen program of 15-20 minutes performed from memory
- The competition will take place in Christiansen Recital Hall and will be open to the public.
Piano Competition Sign up Instructions
Please email the following information along with any questions to Dr. Khachatryan by Oct. 20 at email@example.com.
- Date of birth
- One color photograph
- Mailing address
- Email address
- Telephone number
- Competition repertoire
- A brief biography describing your musical ambitions, the number of years you studied piano, your past musical experiences and the most memorable and beloved musical compositions you have performed.
Friday, November 10
Competitors are assigned to a piano practice studio with a grand piano. Parking permits and Keys will be given at this time to competitors.
Saturday, November 11
9 a.m. – 10:50 a.m. - Warm up in Christiansen hall
11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Competition begins in Christiansen Hall
1 p.m. – Free Lunch with the Concordia Piano Faculty. All contestants join with their families at the Anderson Commons.
2 p.m. – Short tour of the Concordia College guided by Concordia College students majoring in Piano Performance.
2:45 p.m. -- Competition Winners announced in Christiansen Hall.
Mid-Winter Piano Festival Schedule
Thursday, Jan. 25
|7:30 p.m.||– Solo Piano Recital|
Friday, Jan. 26
|9:30 a.m.||Masterclass lead by Charlie Alright|
|7:30 p.m.||Jay Hershberger and David Hamilton
Saturday, Jan. 27
Adjudicators: Robert Groves, Jay Hershberger, John N. Roberts
|1 p.m.||Grigor Khachatryan ‐ Chamber Music Recital