Challenge your world view and enhance your critical-thinking skills with a major in history.
Major or Minor in History
Learn about the complexities of the history of our world.
Major in Heritage and Museum Studies
An interdisciplinary program merging art, classical studies, history and archive research.
Major in Social Studies Education with a teaching license
This major will prepare you to teach social studies to students in grades 5-12.
Your options after graduation are limitless. Our grads work in a wide variety of fields as magazine editors, journalists, teachers, professors, lawyers and library directors. Regardless of the path you choose, a history major will lay a strong foundation in critical thinking, communication and organizational skills that will prepare you for years to come.
Concordia's history department integrates experiential education and civic engagement alongside coursework. Student opportunities include:
- Spending class time at the Historical and Cultural Society of Clay County
- Learning about community sustainability
- Earning academic credit for an internship with Moorhead's Hjemkomst Interpretive Center or a historical society in your hometown
- Spending a semester in Washington, D.C., interning with the National Archives
- Studying history while traveling abroad
- Building your resume with real-world projects like this student-created website