Our team has identified various measures that will be taken to ensure that students who are people of color are welcomed and supported at Concordia.
In order to fully understand the sentiment and expectations of students (prospective, incoming, and current), it is vital for the Enrollment and Marketing Division to gauge the perception and needs of our students in the context of current national events. Please share your questions and feedback via the Anti-Racism Input Form.
We have established these actionable steps to better support students who are people of color:
- Create a Diversity Scholarship.
Status: Complete. The Concordia College Board of Regents approved the development of the Diversity Scholarship at the Aug. 9, 2020, meeting. The Diversity Scholarship application opened Oct. 15, 2020, to historically underrepresented students.
- Schedule recurring diversity training for all Enrollment and Marketing staff.
Status: Ongoing. There are recurring diversity training sessions across campus. A new DEI educational session will take place Sept. 1 and Dec. 1, 2021, for all admission staff. Enrollment staff completed Implicit Bias Training with the Office of Diversity on Aug. 12, 2020, and marketing staff completed the training Aug. 19, 2020.
- Establish opportunities to improve collaborative relationships with relevant on-campus organizations – including (but not limited to) the Black Student Union, Muslim Student Association, Asian Student Organization, PRIDEnetwork, etc.
Status: In progress
- Create a resource page for students who are people of color and students from underserved populations.
Status: Completed Aug. 21, 2020, through the collaboration of campus partners.
- Diversify our student ambassador program.
Status: Ongoing. For the 2020-21 academic year, student ambassadors completed bimonthly Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Training.
We pledge to continuously evaluate the items on this list and add to it in our ongoing efforts to identify opportunities to better serve our students.
We recognize that we have a lot of work ahead of us. We welcome and require your feedback and criticism to be successful in this endeavor.