Choosing a Student Job in Dining Services
- Cook's Helper – A Cook's Helper assists our culinary team with prepping, cooking and serving hot food. You either work behind the scenes in the kitchen or near the hot food serving line. This position is great for a student with an interest in cooking and a desire to work closely with our professional staff.
- Service Worker – An Anderson Commons service worker generally helps at our cold food stations. These positions are usually customer facing so it's essential for service workers to be friendly. While responsibilities vary from day-to-day, generally service workers are responsible for keeping their stations filled with food and clean.
- Dishroom – Students in the dishroom either work upstairs in Anderson or downstairs in the production dishroom. It is a great job for a student who wants to work behind the scenes and needs something that generally stays the same each day.
- Dining Room Attendant – This student is responsible for keeping the dining area clean in Anderson Commons. They perform tasks like wiping tables, filling napkin containers and keeping seats clean. This position is very visible to our guests, so it could be a great fit for someone who is friendly and loves people.
- Service Worker – A service worker in the Maize does a wide-variety of things including, taking orders, preparing food, handling money and interacting with customers.
- Meal Ingredient – This position is behind the scenes. They measure ingredients for our bakers and cooks, help prepare meal on wheels meals and work with a fun team of professional staff.
Catering by Concordia & Concessions
- Catering Service Staff – Catering is event based, so the shifts vary week-to-week. Students who work for catering can do anything from helping set up a small breakfast to a large banquet or an off campus wedding. Catering workers usually work on setting up, serving and cleaning events.
- Concessions Staff – Concessions is also event based! Concessions students typically work during athletic events at the concessions stand. It's awesome for students who want to add extra shifts, or want their schedule to vary.
- Coffee Stop Student Worker – At the Coffee Stop, student workers make and serve a wide variety of coffee based beverages. You'll learn how to make lattes and cappuccinos, plus have an opportunity to interact with student and staff guests.
In addition to the student worker positions, Dining Services offers student leadership positions through our student manager program, office positions and nutrition assistant positions. If you're interested in any of those positions, ask your supervisor or stop by the office!