Theatre Scholarship Event
Please submit this form no later than Monday, Feb. 10.
If you have a conflict with the audition dates that cannot be avoided, please contact Brandon Wente, event coordinator, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 218.299.3145.
About the Event
- You will check in during the afternoon of Saturday, Feb. 22, to the Frances Frazier Comstock Theatre (#20 on campus map).
- You will receive additional details about registration times as the event approaches. An individual audition schedule will be sent to you prior to your arrival to campus, which can serve as your arrival time. For travel purposes, you can anticipate arriving around 2 p.m.
- You have the opportunity to meet with faculty and theatre members. We invite you to arrive on Friday to attend classes, meet with professors, and tour campus.
- If you would like to stay overnight in a residence hall with a current student, please indicate this on the registration form.
- You and your family are invited to attend the Saturday performance of Shakespeare's "Macbeth" at 8 p.m.
Performer auditions should include four to five minutes of material, including at least two different selections demonstrating your range of abilities. You may include a one-minute musical selection within that timeframe. We will arrange for an accompanist for your audition at your request.
Auditions for designers, technicians, playwrights,
If you have an interest in both performance and technical theatre, you may prepare a compilation of both options listed above. We would like to observe your various talents and watch and listen to whatever you prepare. Simply make sure that you can give us as many samples as possible in the five-minute time frame.
After the audition presentation, you will have an interview with the selection committee made up of three to six faculty and professional staff. The interview will cover a variety of topics, including your observations and opinions about the performing arts, educational values,
This is a closed audition and interview. Come to the Frances Frazier Comstock Theatre lobby. You will be escorted to your audition, held in the acting studio. You will have an opportunity to practice with your accompanist prior to your audition.