Do you notice how messages are shared and enjoy telling stories? Do you think strategically about ways to solve problems? Are you obsessed with social media or the wealth of information technology provides?
You may be ready for a career in marketing. Marketing is an essential component for all organizations. More than just advertising and sales, marketing revolves around the creation, communication, and promotion of offerings to clients and customers. It combines strategic thinking, knowledge of your audience and creative bandwidth to help clients solve real-world problems.
A career in marketing can follow several paths:
- Content marketing professionals utilize the vast amount of information at our fingertips to share thought leadership and gain leads.
- Marketing analysts work for consulting firms and agencies, looking at trends to help businesses bring a new product to market or better understand their clients and prospects.
- Project managers take the many moving and often complex parts of a marketing campaign and see them through to completion.
- Social media strategists utilize the latest trends to engage audiences and create brand awareness on platforms like Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Snapchat and more.
- Marketing directors and chief marketing officers take overall goals and develop them into a companywide strategy to gain new leads and customers, share a brand’s story and launch new products.