Gain Exclusive Experience
The Concordia College Laser Facility (CCLF) was officially established in 2004 as a result of an NSF CAREER grant rarely awarded to undergraduate four-year institutions and a Henry Dreyfus teacher/scholar award obtained by Dr. Darin Ulness, professor of chemistry.
It is available for both research and coursework by Concordia's undergraduate students as well as talented high school students from around the community.
- Nd:YAG laser
- Two dye lasers
- Two high resolution spectrometers
- Two high sensitivity CCD detectors
- Five laser tables
- More than $25,000 in optics, hardware and other supplies
- Noisy light spectroscopy
- Investigation of hydrogen bonding
- Investigation of halogen bonding
- Physical Chemistry
- Techniques in Experimental Physics