Students must apply to be accepted into the program.
General admission is based on:
- A minimum cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher (on a 4.0 scale).
- A selective GPA of 3.0 or higher in the following five courses: Biology 101 or 121, Chemistry 142 or Chem 127 and 128, Oral Communication (IOC), Written Communication (IWC), and Psychology 111.
- Completion of at least two science courses (Biology and Chemistry) by the end of the semester of application to the major.
- Ability to complete prerequisite courses prior to the second semester in the major.
- Eligibility for sophomore standing by the end of the semester of application to the major
- Two references
- A one-page resume
- A group interview
- Submission of completed application materials
Early admission is available to high school seniors who demonstrate academic excellence in their high school GPA and ACT scores. Criteria for early admission is available through the Concordia College Admission Office. Prospective students should contact their office for additional information and deadlines.