Student Nurses Association
The mission of SNA is to motivate and inspire students and to promote and enrich the knowledge of health and wellness through an active role on campus and in the community. The Concordia SNA chapter is a branch of a national organization that encourages the formation of local groups that will enhance the experience for nursing students and the educational opportunities for non-nursing students. SNA is run by a board of elected officers, comprised of current nursing students who deal with service projects, finances, and publicity. Board members attend bimonthly meetings and general SNA members meet once or twice a month.
SNA is very active and involved within the community. A snapshot of our activities include:
- Participating and offering hands-free CPR training at the American Cancer Society Relay for Life event
- Making survival kits for Churches United for the Homeless
- Volunteering at Project HERO and Eventide Retirement Living
- Hosting a clothing drive for the YWCA shelter
- Participating in the Homecoming parade
- Raising money for campuswide events
- Participating in Trick-or-Canning children's Halloween event
- Organizing and implementing the campuswide blood drive event
- Volunteered at Kegs and Corks Cystic Fibrosis Gala fundraising event
On average, there are 1-2 service events every month and it is strongly encouraged that members participate in as many events as possible.