Summer School Opportunities
Catch Up or Get Ahead: Summer 2021
- Both in-person and online courses
- Core, major and elective classes including some summer only classes
- Varied class formats ranging from one month to all summer
Be sure to visit with your academic advisor about summer school options.
Why Summer School?
- Graduate early
- Add a second major, minor, or concentration
- Take unique courses not available during the school year
- Take a prerequisite so you have more course options during the school year
- Complete your online classes from anywhere
2021 Summer School Special Offerings
These special topics classes are designed to provide special opportunities to study race and racism through a variety of lenses and are being offered at half the normal summer tuition rate ($410 per credit). Reach out to the course instructor if you have any questions about the course they teach.
Registration for these four courses is open to anyone interested, including alumni and community members.
- English 380 – Anti-racist Literature
- Humanities 380 – A Holy Hatred? Use and Misuse of the Bible in Ideologically and Racially Fraught Times
- Humanities 380 – Racism and Anti-racism in America
- Sociology 380 – Race and Health Disparities
Fulfill Core Requirements
A number of summer classes can be taken to fulfill core requirements. The complete set of core classes can be searched on the full summer schedule on Banner.
- Registration begins: April 8
- First Summer Term: May 10–June 4
- Second Summer Term: June 7–July 2
- Third Summer Term: July 19–Aug. 13
- Two-Month Summer Term: May 10–July 2
- Full Summer Term: May 3–Aug. 13
Tuition: $820 per credit
Summer School Housing
Summer housing will be available in Bogstad Manor and Bogstad East at a monthly rate of $500. A per night rate will also be an option. The housing application for summer will be live on March 1 with a deadline to submit by April 16.