Concordia graduates are well prepared for the study of law. Over the past five years, 96 percent of graduating seniors who applied to law school have gained admission to at least one program. This speaks to Concordia’s commitment to helping students discern whether they have an aptitude for the study and practice of the law and to give those who do the tools necessary to succeed.
Taking courses from Concordia’s list of suggested pre-law offerings helps to prepare students for the study of law by developing:
- Critical thinking abilities
- Intellectual curiosity
- Strong writing and speaking skills
Working closely with one of the college’s pre-law advisors is also key, as discussing course options, Law School Admission Test (LSAT) preparation, and the law school application process with a knowledgeable advisor is an important part of the academic planning process.
Concordia’s co-curricular pre-law programming helps students to gauge their interest in the law and interact with members of the legal community. These special opportunities include:
- Job shadowing with area law firms
- Pre-Law Society student organization
- A competitive mock trial team
- A yearly pre-law lecture series
- Internship opportunities
Pre-Law Faculty Advisor
Concordia’s pre-law advisor provides valuable assistance to students interested in pursuing a law school education. From preparatory coursework and selection of a major to the law school application process and Law School Admission Test preparation, the pre-law advisor is ready to assist students at every step along the path to law school.
This combination of rigorous coursework, one-on-one advising, and valuable programming prepares students well for legal study and practice.
- Concordia graduates have attended a range of top-tier law programs, including the University of Michigan, Georgetown University, the University of California-Berkeley, and the University of Minnesota.
- Concordia alumni who went on to law school work as federal judges, partners in major law firms, U.S. Attorneys, and in a range of corporate management positions.