Concordia College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program.
Concordia will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and understanding at Concordia.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year international students who have applied to Concordia can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
A #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50 percent tuition and can be renewed on an annual basis. Students and their family or financial sponsor must strive to be able to pay as close to $20,000 per year as possible from their own resources to supplement this scholarship. It is not a full tuition award.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
There are a few eligibility requirements:
- You are a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- You have completed the scholarship application and participated in a Concordia Scholarship Interview in which you tell us about your leadership skills in your school or community, and how you plan to continue applying your leadership skills at Concordia.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Concordia?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship include:
1) Apply for admission to Concordia College and submit all required application materials.
2) Send an email to email@example.com, indicating you are interested in the scholarship and including #YAWH in the subject line of your email.
3) Complete the #YAWH interest form.
4) Following admission and demonstration of your ability to pay at least $20,000, participate in a Concordia Scholarship Interview describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning. The next round of scholarship interviews takes place from February 4 to 7. Additional dates will be added as necessary.
When do I need to apply by?
All application materials must be submitted by February 29, 2020. You must be officially enrolled at Concordia and submit your tuition deposit by May 1, 2020.