Concordia College is a proud participant in the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship program.
Beginning in fall 2019, Concordia will offer two annual, renewable scholarships that cover a minimum of 50 percent tuition to selected international undergraduate students dedicated to advancing intercultural learning and understanding at Concordia.
Who can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship?
First-year international students who have applied to Concordia can apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship. All academic majors and fields of study are welcome to apply.
How much tuition does it cover?
A #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship covers a minimum of 50 percent tuition and can be renewed on an annual basis.
How do I know if I’m eligible for this scholarship?
There are a few eligibility requirements:
- You are a first-year international applicant to a participating college or university. An international applicant is an individual who holds citizenship in a country outside the United States and who does not also possess U.S. citizenship or permanent residency.
- You attend (or have graduated from) a secondary school outside of the United States.
- You demonstrate interest and personal initiative in activities involving intercultural learning and exchange.
- You have completed the scholarship application and a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
How can I apply for this scholarship at Concordia?
Required steps to apply for the #YouAreWelcomeHere scholarship include:
1) Apply for admission to Concordia College and submit all required application materials.
2) Complete a scholarship application, including a 500-1,000 word essay or a 2-5 minute video describing your aspirations to conduct projects, research, employment or other experiences that will advance intercultural learning.
When do I need to apply by?
All application materials must be submitted by December 15, 2018. You must be officially enrolled at Concordia and submit your tuition deposit by May 1, 2019.