College success takes both passion and drive, and Concordia's DRIVE program will help you make a positive transition from high school to college. During your first year, you will learn academic tips and get support from a professional academic counselor in the Center for Student Success who will serve as your first-year advisor. You’ll also have access to subject and writing center tutors who can help you be at your best and settle in to campus life. You will meet other new Cobbers and learn what it takes to be successful in college and work with Concordia faculty and staff who care about you and your future.
- Take a series of courses during their first year focused on college learning and success strategies.
- Meet regularly with their advisor who specializes in supporting students in their academic success.
- Have full access to the support services provided by the Center for Student Success and other campus resources.
- Develop friendships with other DRIVE students that often last throughout a student's college career.
What former DRIVE students have said:
- "My DRIVE instructor has made such a friendly environment where we can all express what we need in order to learn and grow. She has been such an amazing help coming to college!”
- "I appreciate the time spent in class learning about learning strategies.”
- “[INQ 102] is and probably will always be my favorite class throughout my time here.”
- “I learned so much about myself, my strengths, and how to navigate school in a way where I can be successful. My advisor…went above and beyond to help me, as well as my classmates, have the best possible experience at Concordia.”