School of Health Professions
Inspired by the college’s mission to influence the affairs of the world, the School of Health Professions at Concordia College prepares students to become professionals, practitioners, and leaders in a wide variety of healthcare professions. Students will learn through interprofessional, interdisciplinary, and team-based approaches as they prepare for future careers in the health professions.
All programs in the School of Health Professions have a strong grounding in the liberal arts. Within the school, you will find undergraduate, post baccalaureate, and graduate programs.
Alongside disciplinary knowledge and emphasis on ethics and core values, students will develop multiple skills and intellectual capacities, including critical and creative thinking, problem solving, perspective taking, communication skills.
Academic programs in the School of Health Professions at Concordia prepare students for careers in healthcare and medical fields, as well as education, community wellness, and social services settings. Programs offer a diverse set of career paths in health and wellness professions from leadership to direct client or patient care.
Strengths of Concordia's School of Health Professions:
- Nationally accredited programs in social work, dietetics, nursing, and long-term care administration.
- Most faculty members bring both the highest degree in their discipline and professional experience.
- Lots of opportunities for internships, practicums, and clinicals in the Fargo-Moorhead area.
- High employment rates with many students placed in positions before graduation and a long and distinguished history of student placement in professional and graduate programs.
- Some of the highest pass rates on licensure exams in Minnesota and North Dakota.