Wholeness and Health of the Community
Understanding the desire for individual wholeness and right relationships with neighbors near and far, Concordia will cultivate the growth and well-being of students, faculty, and staff; demonstrate resilience in response to change; and practice transformational leadership to work collectively for the greater good of neighbors and the planet. To realize this goal, Concordia will:
Devise and implement faculty and staff professional development programs to achieve personal, professional, and institutional goals.
- Build the capacity of faculty and staff to achieve the college’s strategic initiatives of transformative education and learning across difference.
- Initiate a formal professional development program for staff.
Build and implement practices that foster well-being and spiritual growth among all who learn and work at Concordia.
- Deepen, expand, and practice a campus ministry of daily living embodied in radical hospitality and belonging, wholeness in student development, and faith active in love of neighbors, local and global.
- Establish a center for holistic health that reimagines the college’s current student counseling and health services through a service model that develops students into proactive caretakers of their own health and wellness.
- Redefine faculty and staff roles, responsibilities, and organizational processes to capitalize on individual strengths and interests, to tend to the well-being of our faculty and staff, and to carry out the shared priorities of the college.
- Ensure that a review and revision of the daily calendar contributes to the well-being of faculty, staff, and students.
Deepen the college’s connections with the local region, working in collaboration with partners committed to building stronger communities.
- Expand integrative learning and PEAK opportunities in partnership with local organizations.
- Enhance the college’s infrastructure, support, and coordination of community engagement.
- Work with community partners to increase resilience to adapt and flourish in the face of climate change and ecological decline.
- Collaborate with Moorhead and Fargo partners on community development projects in arts, athletics, education, and sustainability.
Exercise bold leadership in responding to climate change, ecological decline, and environmental injustice.
- Develop and implement a climate action plan that sets out strategies and timelines for reducing carbon emissions.
- Promote ecological health and reduce the negative ecological and environmental impacts of college operations.
- Make sustainability, climate change, and resilience key aspects of the curriculum and other educational experiences for all students.