The Concordia Experience
Once you get to campus you'll be fully immersed in the American college experience but the last thing we want to do is overwhelm you. You'll be introduced to a core group of students that will stick with you through Fall Orientation and your freshman Inquiry Seminar – your very first course at Concordia. And that's just the start; throughout your first year you will:
- Tie academic work to career preparation through both on- and off-campus resources, research and community field trips.
- Live with an American roommate and become immersed in the wider Concordia community. Meet with local families, attend athletic events and explore some favorite American activities.
- Take three courses (12 credits) in the fall: two with other international students and the third with American students.
- Improve study habits, writing and reading abilities, and group discussion skills through coursework.
Nervous about becoming immersed in an English-speaking culture? Our three-week-long residential Prelude program will prepare you to succeed by increasing your English fluency and immersing you in the culture of an American college.
- Meet other international students who are starting their college careers at Concordia.
- Earn 4 credits toward graduation.
- Develop effective college study habits and confidence to begin your college studies in the U.S.
- Get to know
campusand learn from skilled instructors from our Concordia Language Villages.
- Adopt critical social, cultural and language skills.
We're Here For You
You will work closely with English Language Learning and Intercultural Affairs staff through co-curricular involvements. We offer