Keep in mind that although Concordia's residence hall rooms are larger than average, you'll still have limited space.
- Bring only what you think you'll really need – this is a great year to pack light.
- If you don't want to bring everything, you can shop in Fargo-Moorhead and get to know your new home.
- Remember to check your Concordia email account for the latest housing, Orientation, and move-in information.
- Thermometer for temperature checks
- Minimum of three washable, reusable cloth masks that fit appropriately and may be required in various campus settings (the college is providing each student with one upon their arrival; you should bring two additional)
- Hand sanitizer that includes at least 60% alcohol (16 oz., refillable as needed)
- Fever reducer/pain reliever (e.g., Acetaminophen, Ibuprofen)
- Disinfectant wipes (two containers, approximately 150 wipes). An appropriate substitute would be a bottle of disinfectant spray and paper towels.
- Small couch, futon, ottoman or bean bag chair
- Alarm clock
- Small fan
- Floor lamp
- Power strips with surge protection
NEW for the 2021-2022 School Year: Students are no longer permitted to bring their own microwave or mini-fridge*. Each traditional hall room comes with a Microfridge--a microwave, mini-fridge two-in-1 unit! See more details here.
*Students may work with Disability Services if they require an accommodation for an extra fridge.
- Twin XL sheets (extra-long beds in Livedalen, Erickson, Hoyum, Hallett, and Park Region)
- Towels, washcloths
- Shower tote
- Flip-flops (for the shower)
- Robe (for walking to and from the shower)
- Laundry basket or bag, laundry soap, fabric softener, dryer sheets, instant stain remover
- Over-the-door towel rack or hook
- Cups, plates, bowls, utensils, can opener
- Storage tubs
- Sewing kit
- First aid kit
- Waste basket
- Posters and photos to decorate your room
- Sticky tack and 3M hooks
- Cordless vacuum
- Napkins/paper towels
- Notebooks, binders, folders, pens, pencils, highlighters stapler
Important Numbers and Cards
- Driver's license and social security card or passport (needed to complete campus job paperwork)
- Health and car insurance cards
- Prescription and over-the-counter medication