Keep in mind that although Concordia's residence hall rooms are larger than the average dorm room, you'll still have limited space.
- Bring only what you think you'll really need.
- If you don't want to bring everything on the day you move in (or if you forget something!), you can shop in Fargo-Moorhead once you arrive.
- Remember to check your Concordia email for the latest housing, Orientation, and move-in information.
First-Year Packing Checklist
- Small couch, futon, ottoman, or bean bag chair
- Alarm clock
- Small fan
- Floor lamp
- Power strips with surge protection
Students are no longer permitted to bring their own microwave or mini-fridge. Each traditional hall room (including all first-year dorms) comes with a microfridge (a microwave and mini-fridge combo unit). Students may work with Disability Services if they require an accommodation for an extra fridge.
- Twin XL sheets (extra-long beds in Livedalen, Erickson, Hoyum, Hallett, and Park Region)
- Towels, washcloths
- Shower tote
- Flip-flops (for the shower)
- Robe (for walking to and from the shower)
- Laundry basket or bag, laundry soap, fabric softener, dryer sheets, instant stain remover
- Over-the-door towel rack or hook
- Cups, plates, bowls, utensils, can opener
- Storage tubs
- Sewing kit
- First aid kit
- Posters and photos to decorate your room
- Sticky tack and 3M hooks
- Cordless vacuum
- Napkins/paper towels
- Notebooks, binders, folders, pens, pencils, highlighters, stapler
Important Numbers and Cards
- Driver's license and Social Security card or passport (needed to complete your campus job paperwork)
- Health and car insurance cards
- Prescription and over-the-counter medications